Thank you very much to M L Bradford over at Bradscribe for my very first blog award nomination: the Liebster Award!
I’ve been blogging for just over a year but it has been a learning process (and it definitely, definitely still is). The past few weeks have been a little rough so imagine my reaction when I was nominated for the Liebster Award!
With this nomination comes 11 questions to answer, 11 blogs to nominate, and 11 questions to write!
Here are those 11 questions given to me:
1. Which novel/comic first inspired you to take up writing?
Ooh, this is a hard one. I will probably have to stick with one of my early favorites, The Sight, by David Clement-Davies. Not only was he the first author I met in person, but this book–an animal fantasy with a strong mythology and an amazing finale–really opened my eyes to the different kinds of stories that could be told.
2. Which novel/comic book character should get his/her own movie?
3. What’s your favourite word?
I vascillate between “inferno” and “petrichor.” Both are very sensory-driven words but, if I really had to choose, I’d probably pick “petrichor” because it’s my favorite scent (in the words of the TARDIS, it’s the smell of dust after rain and, being from a desert, this is glory to the nose) but also because it’s such a beautiful word!
4. Who is your favourite villain, and why?
My favorite is probably The Master/Missy from Doctor Who, especially in her latest incarnation. Always fun, Missy is one of those characters who never feels like she’s doing something because the writer wants her to, but because she’s got her own agenda. I want all of my characters to feel like her.
5. What is the single GREATEST scene in science fiction movie history?
The greatest scene? Oh my God, I don’t know if I can choose! Is it the first time you get a really good look at the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park? Is it the death of Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan? It is all of Empire Strikes Back?
I really can’t decide. Let’s go with Back to the Future’s first time traveling scene. It’s exciting, it’s harrowing, and it’s so sci-fi.
6. If you could invite 3 famous people to dinner, who would you choose?
Hmm, I’m going to go with living people here because otherwise they’d probably all be dead and it might put a damper on the meal.
7. Absolutely DREAD the prospect of Blade Runner 2! Which sequel/remake do you NOT wish to see?!
Can I unsee Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull?
8. Which book do you wish you had written?
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Seriously, a bunch of series about demigods and ancient Greek, Egyptian, and now Norse mythology? *dies a little of jealousy*
9. What will be the next book you want to buy?
I don’t know but I hope to support more newbie authors and #ownvoices, so probably something like that!
10. What aspect about writing/blogging do you enjoy the most?
While I love spilling my imagination onto the page, I think sharing that work and finding people–writers and readers–who enjoy it and want to share back has been the most enjoyable part of being a writer and a blogger. I know that’s corny.
11. How is it that this blogger can EAT SO MUCH CAKE and STILL be a perfect example of hunky manliness?
Skill, daring, and trade secrets. Obviously.
*whew* Those were tough! Nobody said this was gonna be easy.
Here, in no particular order, are my 11 nominations (this was really hard as a new(ish) blogger to find other new bloggers, so good luck to you)!
10. Tandyramp’s Blog
11. Annette’s Place
And here are the 11 questions for you!
1. Who is your favorite author and why?
2. What are your thoughts on e-readers?
3. What is the most exciting thing you’ve ever done (that was also legal)?
4. Does your family read your blog?
5. What do you blog about and why?
6. E-book or paper book?
7. Do you listen to any podcasts (if so, which ones)?
8. How do you work your daily life into your writing/blog?
9. What has been the most meaningful piece of literature in your life?
10. Do you listen to music while you write/blog?
11. Kirk or Picard?
And there you have it! For everyone I nominated, here are the rules:
If you choose to accept the award…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (don’t forget to include a link to my blog!)
- Answer the 11 questions I gave you
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers yourself (preferably those with fewer than 500 followers, this is more of a newbie award)
- Provide those bloggers with 11 questions of your own for them to answer
- Don’t forget to put the Liebster Award sticker on your blog!
I think I covered everything. Time to go put that sticker up! 😀